Introduction - ANKOOR
ANKOOR remains committed to initiate, facilitate and provide academic support to school going children with learning disability involving pro active positive participation of classroom teachers, families and community.
- The prime objective of ANKOOR is to achieve measurable positive changes in the academic, social, and personal functioning of children with learning disabilities currently residing / schooling in and around Chembur.
- Specific Objectives
- To make schools (management, teachers, curriculum and environment) more diversity friendly in general and more pro active about issues and concerns related to learning disabilities.
- To empower families by providing them services, information, referrals and transfer of skills to teach the student with learning disabilities.
- To provide individualized academic support services to the identified students with learning disabilities.
Range of Services
- School screening for Learning Disabilities
- Creating awareness and pro active attitude among society and school teachers
- Parent / Family Advocacy and Empowerment
- Providing academic support to children with disabilities
- Exemptions and concessions for examinations
- Coordinating and collaborating with appropriate agencies for
- Screening, Diagnosis and certification
- Curricular adaptations in schools
- Referrals for intervention for families located far away